Spread Your Wings And Fly

Spread Your Wings And Fly
Spread your wings and fly

Friday, May 11, 2012

R - Random Events

Patty Wysong's A2Z Take 2 challenge, letter R. This has been a fun challenge and I can't believe we're nearing the end. Click on the icon on my sidebar to check out other writers works.

 I have discovered these past few weeks that God lives in the random acts, or random events. Or should I say, seemingly random. It could be a song on the radio, a bumper sticker on the car in front of you, a TV show, a wrong turn down the right street, a scripture, or even words from a complete stranger.  In our times of confusion or pain, God uses anything and everything, events that appear to be random, to get our attention or answer questions.

 I was speaking to someone about a week ago, and he told me about three specific, random events that occurred to him during one particularly stressful day. Many people may have dismissed these random events, but he did not. Each event, each random act, answered a question or addressed an anxiety he had experienced that day. I could hear the quiet awe in his voice as he related these events to me, and I could only praise our incredible God for speaking to this young man in this way.

I don’t believe in coincidence. I believe in God’s plan. I know that God hears our every thought, He knows our every need, and He listens to our cries and our praises. Absolutely nothing is impossible with God. Even when we can see no way out, God has a plan, and He talks to us in so many creative ways. Yes, even through seemingly random acts and events.
What have been some seemingly random events in your life that have spoken to you?

Or has there been a time when you feel you may have been someone’s random event?

No comments:

Post a Comment